Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board: Chris Clark
Director of Marketing and PR: NA
Treasurer and Sponsorship Director: N/A
Northside Course Maintenance Director: Gene Stuckey
Jonesville Course Maintenance Director: Allen Shorter
Player Representative: N/A
Senior Consultant/Northside Course Pro: Evan Gurthie
Senior Consultant/Jonesville Course Pro: Levi Lowry
Event Coordinator: NA
Club Contact Info
Club Facebook Page: Gainesville Chain Hawks
Women Disc Golfer Page: Gainesville Lady Chain Hawks
Club Disc Finder Facebook Page: Lost and Found Discs
The Gainesville Sun published an article about the Chain Hawks on May 19th, 2016. Check it out here.
Check out this video about the club and Northside Park created by Thomas Boggs and Rachel Duncan.
Chain Hawk Membership
Become a Chain Hawk member today! Membership fees cover your customized club shirt and/or club leather tag (Note: Leather club tags are different from wooden challenge tags) and are used for course improvements, support of local charities/causes, and allow the club to run events!
Beyond supporting course improvements and public events, a club membership entitles you to:
- Custom dryfit or cotton shirt
- Customized leather bag tag (customized with you name and club member # if you join/renew by given deadline)
- Discounted club disc prices
- A vote during club elections and meetings
- Run for office during club elections
- Increased ace fund payout
- Additional member only prizes during some events
- Take part in Member Appreciation events
- Support the club that supports Gainesville disc golf!
Membership is effective for a one-year period starting in February and ending in January. Memberships paid in October or later will roll over to next year. Cost of memberships vary if you are a first-time member vs. renewing member and if you would like a club shirt. Thank you to Paragon Disc Golf for continuing to provide the club with quality shirts!
To become a member today
Print and complete this form and return to Chris Clark:
2016 Chain Hawk ladies dry fit shirt (front and back) and customized leather tag (top left). Photo courtesy of Courtney Reijo.
2018 Club Shirt
Last Meeting Date: Sunday September 30th, 2018 at Northside Park
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Previous Meeting Minutes:
Previous Meeting Agendas:
The Chain Hawks is governed by its Articles of Organization which outline the purpose and structure of the club. Last updated January 8th, 2017.
Every Chain Hawk member receives a “club member number” when they join. Here is the full list of past and present members.
Check out the Events section to learn more about our weekly/monthly/annual events and find out what other activities and contributions members have made from September 2014 to March 2017.
Chain Hawk Club Activities History_9-17-2018
– Ran the Chain Hawk Member Appreciation Ace Race event
– Club nominated Shawn Harrigan and he received the Albert Ray Massey Citizen Volunteer Award through the City’s Parks Department
– Installed new, permanent tee signs at Northside Park
– Created Ladies Chain Hawk Facebook group
– Members finalized and presented new course proposal to the City
– Completed 2017 Northside Park disc golf course survey and first Jonesville Park survey
– Began giving out disc golf starter kits to new players
– Helped organize #MasonsMilitia Chains Against Cancer Doubles Event and raise $4,200
– Determined layout and planted 20 trees at Northside Park
– Ran Jonesville Spring Fling Clinic and Doubles Event
– Organized a second season of Team Disc Golf League
– Volunteers taught disc golf to 20 kids as part of the Park’s Earth Day Academy Summer Camp
– Ran first C-tier event – the 2017 Chain Hawk Summer Sling – and raised $164 for EDGE
– Organized a disc golf information table at the Northside Master Plan Open House
– Presented recommendation to Alachua County Park’s Board to keep Northside’s hole 18 land as part of course
– Created new lost-and-found disc return system
– Organized the first “Ask a Pro” Day and club information table
– Created first Chain Hawk Open Sponsorship Committee
– Ran 3rd Annual Trilogy Challenge
– Ran third season of Team Disc Golf League
– Built a kiosk at Jonesville Park
– Ran the second Mini Chain Hawk Open
– Started the Chain Hawks first Adopt-a-Hole program at Northside and Jonesville courses
– Ran the 4th Annual Chili Cook-off and Bring Your Own Partner Doubles Event.
– Created six planters located next to tee signs at Northside
– Ran the 6th Annual Chain Hawk Open and raised $1,170 for the Ronald McDonald House of North Central Florida
– Organized the club’s first Disc Trade Event at Northside
– Installed first short pad benches at Northside Park
– First Chain Hawk putting league was run at First Magnitude
– Gainesville Sun published article about the Chain Hawks
– Ran clinic at Jonesville Park and raised funds for 10 basket sleeves for new alternate pin positions
– New pin positions and tee signs were installed at Jonesville
– Free Doubles at Jonesville were ran for the first time
– First Chain Hawk Team League was created
– This website was created
– Raised $250 for the American Heart Association and $40 for DG4
– New lost and found team and system were created
– Began talks with the City about building a new course
– Club members assisted with design and installation of new location of Barr Systems 9-hole course
– Lost and found box built and installed at Jonesville Park pavilion
– Ran 5th Annual Chain Hawk Open – first two-weekend tournament!
– Raised $720 for Peaceful Paths through CHO raffle
– Lost and Found box made for Northside Park kiosk
– Added free scorecard box to Northside kiosk
– First club banner made by XGI, LLC
– Began ordering and supplying discs
– Ran first Trilogy Challenge and raised $420 for UF CARD
– Ran first Discraft Ace Race and raised money for RunOCD
– Ran RunOCD doubles event to support OCD Awareness week
– Ran 4th Annual Chain Hawk Open and raised $700 for UF CARD